Join Other Volunteers having FUN at Pincher Creek Family Centre!
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Develop interpersonal skills such as understanding people better, motivating others, and dealing with difficult situations.
- Improve your communication skills in public speaking, writing, conducting meetings, and public relations.
- Increase your knowledge of regional and local issues such as child development, family health, and community challenges.
- Make new friends while supporting a worthwhile organization.
- At the Family Centre we log your hours and acknowledge your contribution. Letters of reference are available upon request for work performed.
- Childcare Providers – while parent is on site.
- Special Project Volunteers – volunteers are requested from time to time to update binders, package videos or package conference materials.
- Event Volunteers – at large community events volunteers help with set-up, advertising, clean-up and greeting participants.
- Greeters – volunteers sign in participants and help with hostess activities.
How to Become a Volunteer:
If you are interested in learning more about volunteer opportunities at the Family Centre, please contact La Vonne Rideout, Executive Director, at 403-627-5569. La Vonne encourages you to come for a tour of our Centre and find out more about our programs.
Persons applying for volunteer positions are asked to fill out a volunteer application, which includes signing a Oath of Confidentiality. Some positions may require the volunteer to have a Criminal Record check and a Child Intervention check done.